故宫失窃案案犯上诉

发布日期:2012-03-30    【字号:  
  2012年3月19日上午,备受关注的故宫失窃案在北京市第二中级人民法院一审宣判,法院以盗窃罪判处嫌犯石柏魁有期徒刑13年,剥夺政治权利3年,并处罚金13000元。
  法院同时在判决书中对盗窃故宫展品是否应从重量刑、追回展品是否构成未遂、是预谋作案还是临时起意以及被盗展品价值等四个方面作出了充分的说明。
  但获判后,石柏魁的律师黄长勇有不同看法,他认为目前法律上并未规定“盗窃故宫”是盗窃罪的加重情节,石柏魁应当上诉且上诉理由充分。据悉,3月26日上午其已向北京市二中院提交上诉状,请求二审法院重新作出3年以下有期徒刑的判决或发回重审。


Forbidden City robber appeals jail term

BEIJING  A Chinese man convicted of stealing art pieces from the heavilyguarded Forbidden City in Beijing appealed his sentence on Monday, demanding a 10year reduction to his jail term, according to the court handling the case.

Shi Baikui, 27, was sentenced to 13 years in jail by the Beijing No 2 Intermediate People's Court on March 19. He broke into the Palace Museum, more popularly known as Forbidden City, last May and stole nine pieces of art works made of gold and jewels -- all on loan from Hong Kong and insured for a total of 410,000 yuan ($65,000).

Huang Shiyong, Shi's lawyer, said he had submitted the appeal to the court, requesting the court to reconsider the sentence.

"There is no legal provision saying that stealing from the Forbidden City is a crime more severe than other theft," Huang said, adding that he hoped the court would reconsider, maybe to reduce the jail term to three years which would be in line with other theft convictions.

Shi was apprehended by police at an Internet cafe in Beijing's Fengtai district 58 hours after the theft.

Six pieces were recovered and the three missing were estimated to be worth 150,000 yuan ($23,800) in total.

The court earlier said Shi's punishment had been meted out with leniency because he had confessed to the thefts in a candid and cooperative manner and repented for his wrongdoing.

Shi said during trial that the theft was a "spur-of-the-moment" act.

The incident sparked public concern over security loopholes in the Forbidden City, former home of Chinese emperors, in the heart of Beijing.

The museum said in a statement after Shi's sentence was announced that it will draw lessons from the case and work to improve the museum's security as well as its staff's awareness of responsibility.

The museum also called for intensified efforts to crack down on cultural relic theft and robbery cases, as similar crimes have become a problem in China in recent years.

The museum's newly appointed curator, Shan Jixiang, said the management had long been aware that its alarm system was outdated and a fouryear upgrade began in November 2009. By last December, about 60 percent of the work had been completed.

In a recent interview with Xinhua, Shan said the museum must employ "the world's most advanced security equipment and technology."
Contact us 南京市湖南路1号凤凰广场B座(西门)19楼
    全国电话 : (+86) 25-83657365 / 传真 : (+86) 25-83657366 / E-mail : fdyh@fdyh.net
Copyright ©1980—2016 江苏法德永衡律师事务所 All rights reserved. 备案号:苏ICP备09094868号 Designed by EPSO